วันศุกร์ที่ 12 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2554

The Memory Card .100: Where it all began ...

The Memory Card .100: Where it all began ... screenshot

At first I was not sure what the 100th Entry to do the memory card. All I knew was I wanted it more. I have been doing this series for almost five years, and I'm still in shock that I wrote so many entries. It's something I'm incredibly proud, but it's also something I have couldn 't done without all your wonderful support. I'll never be able to thank you enough.

So what to do for the monumental # 100? Do I have my favorite video game moment of all time? (Well, I already did.) Do I make a list and rank every moment of my least favorite? And then it hit me (as much as I lists a little pointless felt love.): Why not talk about my most important, memorable, and personally Video game moment of all time?

with Lee were some of the best memories of my life.

Magic manages all my characters stats and levels. No need for all the dice and books that accompanies a normal game Dungeons & Dragons .

As I walked through the labyrinths of the game, I have such a

And that was it. Once I played

Space QuestSuper Mario Bros

Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtlesFinal Fantasy VI

And it all started with a simple game of

 

, caught my eye. I'd played its arcade older brother often in a video store. I needed this thing in my life, Master X would fall into my living room, Sylvia and I would save in the comfort of your home.

I vaguely remember asking and begging my parents for this mysterious new console, even though he knew full well (even at this young age), we can afford couldn 't really. But what happened between the fall I had seen for the first time that commercial and Christmas, because the first package I opened was the massive bundle of Nintendo Entertainment System. It came with ROB and Gyromite , Duck Hunt

 

E.T. Yep, we really did. That's one of the first games I ever played. Heck, for all I know, it could be the very first game I ever played. Can you imagine what an atrocity that would be if it indeed were my very first gaming memory? Perhaps I'm better off not knowing.

was an eye opener for me that I never knew that game would be full of life and wonder. There was to explore so many levels and worlds, and everyone felt from the past. I have terrible memory, but think Super Mario World reminds me of my parents' room where I played it in picture perfect details.

I remember the bed, the TV, a balcony to the views of the beach so vivid detail that it almost feels real. I played Super Mario World constantly, over and over again, and there was never old. Still doesn 't get old when I replay the game to this day.

 

Adventure

I also remember seeing a . I may not have been playing the game in reality, but in my imagination, I was playing hard

Pac-Man

on our System X's, and that was a good as life ever needed to get.

If Donkey Kong threw a barrel at me, I would try to jump over it, or I would in the opposite direction would, in the hope of the barrel fall down a ladder before it hit me? I would go for the glory and trying to grab the hammer, so that I could kill all these Evil barrels, or would I stay focused on getting to Pauline as fast as I can, before something unsavory happens between her and that giant ape?

These thoughts occupied for hours. These hours are rolled up into days, and these days rolled into months, months that I have the ten dollars a week that I took on a babysitting job (babysitting a child who was only two years younger than me, but save that deserves 's another story), so I finally buy my first games console to the Commodore 64

The "computer" itself costs $ 250. That 's right to rescue 25 weeks. Worse yet, to play a real game on it, I had a drive to buy the other cost $ 250. There goes another 25 weeks of savings. Note that this was back in the early 80 's, when comic books cost 25 cents. Saving $ 500 for a gaming console was considered impossible (if not stupid), by everyone I knew, but for me it was worth it.

Therefore, it is 's probably hard for me to relate to the players, who now don' \ t to $ 60 on games that \ spend "\ only 10 hours long." I saved for a whole year to buy a console, the killer applications were

first gaming memory, but that's only because I started gaming around the time I started forming complete sentences. Videogames weren't just a cornerstone of my pre-teen and adolescent years, they were a prime factor in my earliest development. In a way, my gaming love affair was triggered not by a single catalytic spark but by a variety of profound events.

nut for life! My only disappointment at the time was that I could never reach Guts Man's lair. It was those damnable moving platforms!

Frogger And Defender I play and I absolutely loved it. I had to have one. When people asked me what I wanted for the holidays or birthday, I was a little shit, "\ Cash for my Atari!" \. I was able to get the base system later this year. My first game was Atari Kangaroo and I played the absolute fuck out of it. I believe I bought ET

My early collection included .  I was obsessed with that little red Atari product catalog and treasured all of my instruction manuals. My gaming rig was the shared family entertainment system -- a 15" black and white hand-me-down television. To me the games looked just like they did on those gorgeous illustrated covers. That was my world.

The Memory Card Save Files

Season 1
0.01: The return of Baby Metroid ( Super Metroid


.04: The heir of Daventry (

)
.07: Attack of the zombie dog! (
Metroid: Zero Mission






Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater



)
.20: The message in the glass ( BioShock )

Season 2





Final Fantasy IV







.34: Learning to wall jump (Super Metroid
.35: A leap of faith (


.38: Running outside the castle (Super Mario 64

Season 3
.41: The tadpole prince ( Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars )
.42: Pyramid Head! (



)



)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past




.57: Jade's moment of silence (
.58: The Great Mighty Poo (Conker's Bad Fur Day

)

Season 4
0.61: The Dream of the Wind Fish ( The Legend of Zelda: Link 's Awakening )

)
.64: Death and The Sorrow (






.71: The rotating room (Super Castlevania IV






Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride )
0.79: Inside the worm ( Gears of War 2 )
0.80: The return to Shadow Moses ( Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots







Fire Emblem








0.95: The jeep chase ( Metal Gear Solid)
0.96: Farewell, Klonoa ( Klonoa: Door to Phantomile)
0.97: Geography Lesson ( Little King's Story)

Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo

0 ความคิดเห็น:

Blog Archive