วันอังคารที่ 16 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Far Cry 3 interview: morality and realism in shooting games

Ubisoft Montreal creative director Jason Vandenberghe Far Cry 3 dominates and where are first-person shooter after a decade of Call of Duty title

Where are going first-person shooter? They are becoming more interactive Michael Bay films are glorified, or can we expect to improve deeper experience than graphics, AI can be deepened and designers more self-confidence by creating functional open world environments?

Last week, we have a preview of Ubisoft 's promising continued running, Far Cry 3, Jason Brody, a man of mystery, which is found on a deserted island full of modern-day pirates follows. As with other titles in the series it 's an open-world shooter, providing players with multiple routes through the lush tropical surroundings.

But what does this mean design approach to the game content, and as shooters become more realistic, as will change gameplay? To find out, we spoke with the Creative Director of the series, Jason Vandenberghe, of some interesting ideas on how to adapt games in the coming years, has ...

Thus, in Far Cry 3, the hero washes up on an island and finds a bunch of thugs with AK-47s. Who are these people and why they are killing people and throwing them into the sea?






pretty



Do you share ideas with the Assassin's Creed team?









While the corridor-based first-person shooters don 't give the players all Responsibility?
Exactly. If I make a storyboard of a game, and I have a storyboard in front of a focus test, and they say, "dude, that sounds great!" Then I 'm pretty confident I' ve got something good. But if you 't storyboard it, you just have to trust - trust and doesn' t go very well together with millions of dollars in investments.

I 'm hoping, however, that this is something that can be solved in the next few years. I 'm hoping that the corridor-shooter just a trend, and that to win an open world is ...
always going to have those linear experiences - people enjoy a rollercoaster, it's fun. But what we're also seeing now is the re-emergence of the other half of the market - which I like to call video games.



. The only times in games I've made an actual moral decision were in situations where there were no consequences to my action. If I'm on a mission and there are civilians around, and if I can shoot those civilians and I'm not being measured, you know what? I never do. I never shoot them. That's who I am. I'm not saying that's good or bad, I'm saying I'm referencing my own inner ethics in the game - it's teaching me who I am as a person. That's fucking cool. We have potential here ...

Keith Stuart

0 ความคิดเห็น:

Blog Archive